Steamboat Springs hosts an array of culinary options, though the dining scene trends toward casual restaurants serving cuisine featuring local and regional ingredients. From quick, affordable grub to fine-dining, here are some of the top places to eat in Steamboat Springs:
- Backcountry Delicatessen serves fresh sandwiches, including breakfast sandwiches, including specialties like the backcountry Cuban. Backcountry Delicatessen closes at 5 p.m.
- For big portions, go to Freshies for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or any time to try their lauded cinnamon rolls. For supper, select from healthy dishes like the Sicilian dinner, a salad trio with quiche.
- Head to The Shack Café for breakfast and lunch, where the waffles are esteemed and the atmosphere is cozy.
- Old Town Pub and Restaurant boasts that it serves “the best burgers in the ‘boat.” They have options like chili-rubbed burgers, barbeque burgers and homemade black bean and sweet potato veggie burgers.
- Rex’s American Grill and Bar’s affordable menu features brick-oven pizza, gourmet mac and cheese and burgers. Rex’s American Grill and Bar is consistently voted a local's favorite.
- Carl’s Tavern combines a friendly atmosphere with comfort food, like brick oven pizza, meatloaf, sandwiches, salads and soups, all made with quality ingredients. Parents will appreciate the signature cocktails, which feature local ingredients.
- The Mahogany Ridge Brewery and Grill serves hearty upmarket grub at reasonable rates. The appetizer menu is extensive and varied, making Mahogany Ridge a popular après-ski spot. Items range from eggplant hummus to custom satay and giant twisted pretzels with house-made mustard and cheese dipping sauces. The salad options are plentiful and you may also select from sandwiches, burgers and vegetarian options.
- Sweetwater Grill on Yampa Avenue offers lip-smacking menu items like blackened chicken sandwich, a black and blue burger and a pulled pork sandwich and an assortment of local craft beers.