Steamboat Springs is home to plenty of affordable hotels and condos that are near the ski slopes and all the town has to offer. Plus, Steamboat Springs has a variety of reasonably priced restaurants, bars and off-mountain activities, making it a well-suited destination for skiers on a budget and vacationers who appreciate a great value.
Top budget-friendly ski accommodations in Steamboat Springs
Conveniently located on the skier shuttle route, the Holiday Inn Steamboat makes it easy to get on the slopes and around town. Spacious, well-appointed guestrooms feature cable TV, movies and games. This Steamboat budget hotel also offers daily happy hours specials at the fireside lounge, a cozy way to top off another great day on the slopes. Amenities include a fitness center, indoor swimming pool and hot tub.
- Ski Time Square is conveniently placed near the slopes, shopping, dining and bars. These affordable studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom-plus loft condominiums provide excellent value without sacrificing location.
- The Inn at Steamboat by Steamboat Resorts is located beneath the Silver Bullet gondola, making it easy to get on the ski slopes. Each unit features a full kitchen, fireplace and balcony. With the Inn’s two indoor hot tubs and saunas, onsite laundry facilities and private ski storage, you won’t feel like you’re staying in a budget hotel. To get even more bang for your buck, partake in the Inn at Steamboat Condominiums’ complimentary light breakfast and coffee.
- The Ptarmigan House by Steamboat Resorts is a cozy lodge next to the gondola and near the resort’s kids’ adventure zone. Ptarmigan Inn features a sauna and an outdoor heated swimming pool. Rooms are equipped with a refrigerator, complimentary Internet and a coffee maker.
Budget-friendly Steamboat Springs restaurants
Keeping yourself happily fed without breaking the bank is no problem in Steamboat. Thanks to an array of inexpensive dining choices, you can eat well on a budget. Here are some reliably delicious, affordable Steamboat restaurants:
- Laundry offers wallet-friendly small plates like tacos, poke and beef brisket, plus great, albeit more expensive, entrees like chicken and dumplings and short ribs.
Carl’s Tavern is another affordable dining spot that serves beers and classic comfort food, such as catfish fritters, chicken pot pie, meatloaf and burgers.
- Steamboat is home to breweries and pubs where you can sample locally crafted beer and nosh on reasonably priced pub fare. Check out Mahogany Ridge Brewery and Grill, which has a gluten-free menu and patio, The BARley and Butcherknife Brewing Company.
- For cheap on-mountain grub, stop in at Geano’s Caffé Bar for organic soups, fresh pastries, pizza and Italian sandwiches.
- Filling, tasty Mexican food can be enjoyed at The Cantina and Azteca Taqueria, both of which are centrally located in the heart of Steamboat Springs.